Stress Prevention - Adaptogen
Common effects of stress on your body
- Headaches and migraines
- Low energy
- Low sex drive
- Muscle tension or pain
- Chest pain
- Restless leg syndrome
- Upset stomach, heartburn, indigestion
- Sleeping issues
- Lack of motivation
- Inability to focus
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Irritability or anger
- Mood swings, sadness or depression
- Anger outbursts
- Over-eating or under-eating
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Increased tobacco use
- Social withdrawal
- Lack of exercise
You can reduce stress by:
- Deep Breathing
- Listen To Calming Music
- Take A Nap
- Get a Pet
Adaptogens BOOST your ability to handle stress naturally!
All autoimmune diseases constantly stimulate inflammatory responses leading to wide-spread inflammation. Your nervous system is connected to your immune system. Any stress (especially prolonged) weakens your body’s immune system leading to many other infections and diseases.
Adaptogens increase your body's ability to handle stress without feeling the effects of stress! You can feel calmer and perform better when dealing with stress, strenuous physical activity, loss of sleep, cramming for an exam, tight deadlines, and other stressful activities.
A strong immune system can only be found in those who can handle stress well.
How can adaptogens help?
Adaptogens are natural herbs that increase the body's ability to handle stress, anxiety, trauma, and fatigue. They are safe and effective and have been widely researched.
Which diseases are impacted by stress and can benefit from adaptogens?
- All autoimmune diseases
- Headaches and migraines
- Afib (Atrial fibrillation)
- Muscle and back aches
- Heart issues
- High blood pressure
- Colds and flu's
- CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Fertility and menstrual disorders
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Circulatory issues
- Systemic infections
*Always consult with your healthcare professional before starting any supplementation program, before taking or stopping any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have any health problem.
Take 2 teaspoons with water or juice on an empty stomach before strenuous activity.
- Cold processed
- Gluten Free
- No soy products of any kind
- No Genetically Modified Organisms GMO
- No fillers, coloring or preservatives
Deionized WaterUltra pure laboratory grade water that is 10x more pure than distilled water. Used to achieve maximum herbal extraction.
GlycerolNon-GMO glycerol. Used to achieve maximum herbal extraction.
Alcohol 180 Proof. Used to achieve maximum herbal extraction.
Nourishes and stimulates the hypothalamus and pituitary gland to balance the production of hormones from the adrenal, pancreas, thyroid, ovarian and testicular glands.
Best overall herb for the nervous system. It encourages proper electrical activity and functioning in the brain. Has a reputations for helping treat neurological problems such as tremors, seizures, nervous tension and anxiety. Skullcap also has antispasmodic properties that can relieve muscle tension. Some clinical trials showed significant reduced anxiety in healthy volunteers, with a peak effect in one hour.
Used to support and balance the nervous system. It can also be used to settle and soothe the nerves and ease minor worries (Bourin, M., Bougerol, T., Guitton, B., and Broutin, E. "A combination of plant extracts in the treatment of outpatients with adjustment disorder with anxious mood: controlled study versus placebo." Fundam. Clin Pharmacol 1997; 11(2):127-132). Passion flower is also known to promote an improved temperament and mood.
An adaptogenic herb popular in Ayurvedic medicine, that has shown incredible results for lowering cortisol, balancing thyroid hormones, handle daily stress and balance the nervous system. The root and berry are used to make medicine containing natural compounds that may help calm the brain, decrease inflammation and relieve trouble sleeping.
Fresh Wild Oats
Supports the nervous system to help defend against mild depression, anxiety and stress. Used to address nervous exhaustion, general weakness and insomnia and to support withdrawal from addictions such as nicotine.
EleutheroHelps boost the immune system, reduce fatigue, boost your cognitive capability, relieve stress, reduce inflammation, improve cardiovascular system and help regulate blood sugar.
Rhodiola RoseaEnhances overall energy and boost brain power. Improves work and physical performance, reduces insomnia, fatigue and depression. Lowers cortisol and helps fight depression. Historically the Vikings used rhodiola to enhance physical strength and the Sherpa people used it to climb at high altitudes including Mt. Everest. The Russians have used rhodiola benefits extensively for improving work performance, insomnia, fatigue, depression, and increasing athletic endurance.
Helps reduce anxiety, adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, acne and blood sugar levels.
Cordyceps FungusEnhances athletic performance and improve aerobic capacity. Anti-cancer benefits by inducing cancer cell death. cordyceps offered some protection against the effects of whole body radiation therapy on the bone marrow and intestinal tract. Anti-hyperglycemic effects. Used to combat fatigue and muscle weakness, improve mental energy, increase sexual vigor, and for optimal aging.
Reishi MushroomsHelpful in treating a variety of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome. Ability to activate natural killer cells, increasing their activity and the body’s ability to fight tumors. Reduces the chances of metastasis.
Adaptogen that helps lower cortosol. Helps boost the immune system and lower stress levels.
Prevents caffeine from breaking down. Grapefruit juice has been used in folk medicine for the treatment of diabetes as well as to strengthen the immune system.
Caffeine blocks adenosine receptors in the brain which stimulates a suppressed nervous system increasing alertness.
Natural, healthy, zero calorie sweetener.
- Anxiety - Skullcap Tea for Anxiety
- Arthritis and Inflammation - Skullcap Tea for Inflammation
- Atherosclerosis - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Studies in animals show that extracts of this herb may help lower blood cholesterol levels under certain conditions, but human studies have not been conducted.
- Autoimmune Disease - Maca Root for Autoimmune Disease
- Autoimmune Disease - Can South American Herbs Help Treat Autoimmune Disease?
- Cancer - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Extracts from this herb cause cell death in isolated liver cancer and leukemia cell lines in the laboratory setting, but human data are lacking. S. baicalensis has not been studied in clinical trials as a single agent, but has been studied in combination with other herbs in formulations such as PC-SPES and sho-saiko-to.
- Disease Prevention - How Maca Root Helps Make You More Disease Resistant
- Disease Prevention - Skullcap: The perfect herb for flu season and beyond
- Epilepsy and Spams - Herbs to Combat Epilepsy
- Hashimoto's and Graves' Disease Disease - Can Taking Maca Root Benefit Thyroid Health?
- Hashimoto's and Graves' Disease Disease - Maca: The South American Medicinal Plant Questions and Answers with Dr. Viana Muller
- Heart Disease - How baical skullcap can help your heart
- Hepatitis- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - The herbal formulation sho-saiko-to, which contains Skullcap, has been studied for its possible liver-protectant effects.
- Hepatitis - Natural Treatment of Hepatitis C: Baical Skullcap
- Insomnia - Skullcap