What is Bioavailability and why increasing it matters to your health
immunizeLABS products are NOT digested, they get absorbed!
Bioavailability is the proportion of a supplement, drug or other substance that enters the circulation when introduced into the body and so is able to have an active effect. Generally speaking, most supplements available in the market have a very low bioavailability, thus having only a minimal impact. At immunizeLABS we have solved that issue as a part of our proprietary manufacturing process that impressively increases absorption (bioavailability). In order to achieve these results our products contain microscopic fat balls (liposomal) that can hide a poorly absorbed nutrient inside, much like a Trojan horse. These fat balls are made from phospholipids that are 50 to 200 nanometers in diameter. The phospholipids are virtually identical to the phospholipids that make up the cell membranes in our body and thus are easily absorbed.
The immunizeLABS absorption is very different from the gastro-intestinal digestive process. When we eat something, the nutrients are typically broken down in our stomach and intestines with acid, enzymes and bacteria. Once the molecules are small enough, they can slip between intestinal cells, and into our blood stream. With the immunizeLABS absorption, supplements do not undergo the digestive process that can impair their integrity but rather are directly absorbed, which incredibly increases bioavailability and the active effect of the ingredients.
All our immunizeLABS supplements are made out of organic sunflower lecithin, even though it is much more expensive than the commonly used soy lecithin. We take health very seriously and strongly recommend you stay away from ANY products made from soybeans. Almost all soybeans are genetically modified and highly tainted with pesticides. The Mayo Clinic and the British Journal of Nutrition have warned that there are vast differences between soybean lecithin and sunflower lecithin. The food and supplement industry likes to tout the health benefits of sunflower lecithin then substitute it with soy lecithin because it is much cheaper. Soybeans were never meant for human consumption! Soy is one of the least healthy foods we can eat because of its estrogen content, inflammatory lectins and EXTREMELY high levels of glutamic acid.
What about the Asian diet? Soy has generally never been a food staple in Asian history. Asians considered soy unfit to eat as recently as two decades ago. It is amazing how the American marketing machine has turned a junk food into a “health” food when it clearly is not. The reason why the Chinese did not eat unfermented soybeans is because they contain large amounts of the following toxins:
- Hemagglutinin - A clot promoting substance that makes red blood cells clump together.
- Enzyme Inhibitors – Blocks the action of enzymes required to digest proteins. These inhibitors are not deactivated during cooking.
- Protein Inhibitors – Has been scientifically proven to inhibit growth, prevent the uptake of amino acids resulting in gastric distress and chronic amino acid deficiencies.
- Goitrogens – Contains plant chemicals that inhibit thyroid function.
- Pesticides - Soy has one of the highest percentages of contamination by pesticides of any food.
- Phytic Acid – Has the highest level of phytate, a chemical that blocks the uptake of essential minerals like iron. Phytates can even survive the cooking process.
Hexane is a harsh toxic substance used to break down soybeans, leaving an often dehydrated product that must be further chemically treated to produce the desired effect in foods. The bottom line: Soy lecithin is a waste product.
That is why we only use organic, high quality sunflower lecithin in our supplements.
Some of the Amazing Benefits of Sunflower Lecithin include:
- Increases Memory and Brain Functions - Phosphatidylcholine is an important neurotransmitter for short term memory and is promising in treating Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Lowers Cholesterol – Sunflower lecithin is a natural emulsifier of fats.
- Helps Heal the Liver – Helps reverse and prevent non-alcoholic fatty liver disease such as type-2 diabetes and liver cancer.
- Helps Prevent Gallstones - Rich source of phosphatidylcholine for the prevention of gallstones.
- Anti-Aging – Contains powerful antioxidants that halt the movement of free radicals that cause premature aging, as well as many types of cancers.
- Improves Health - Contains high levels of oleic and linoleic acid that has been proven to speed up the healing process by increasing the speed at which anti-inflammatory cytokines are released to affected areas.
- Improves Nervous System Disorders – Improves neurotransmitter activity.
- Reduces Heart Risk Associated with High Blood Pressure - Breaks up the dangerous triglycerides and cholesterol that are the main contributing risk factors for high blood pressure.
- Improves Sleep - Contains high levels of choline which allows people with Acetylcholine deficiencies to enjoy better sleep.
- Improves Mobility - Lecithin is an ingredient used in the production of the synovial fluid which lubricates our joints and can help increase joint mobility, reducing the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.